18 October 2013

Chicago, In Pictures

As promised, a separate post of some of the beautiful things we experienced in Chicago. With good friends Marlynn & Kathy, I enjoyed fine art, street art, architecture, high tea, modern dance and the original Uno's pizzeria to name some of the highlights:
I LOVE public transportation!
Marlynn & I enjoying the Tiffany Dome at the Cultural Center
In a world of concrete, planters were everywhere
Chicago River from the Magnificent Mile
Trump Tower was my favorite architectural design
Day 2: Kathy & I waiting for the train
Art Institute
Got our Seurat on.
Chagall's Windows (1 of 3) were stunning
They had a great collection of O'Keeffe...
...Tiffany too.
Afternoon Tea at The Drake Hotel
After the marathon was over, we watched Hubbard Street Dance perform their fall series. So beautiful. I found this short clip that gives just a taste of what we enjoyed:


The final day I was on my own and walked off my soreness by seeing more of the city:

The Bean
I didn't know it started here
Mosaic near our El station
Flowers near Lakeshore Drive high rises
Navy Pier attractions
Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows

I loved Chicago and can see why it's called the Second City to New York. I look forward to going back again someday and enjoying more of it's delights. I think I just scratched the surface in my three days there.

Happy Trails,

Shelby


1 comment:

  1. Great pics. What a potful of culture. Sounds like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete